Why we thought of this topic because our customer buy things online and they should be safe is MyGrihaPravesh.com’s priority.
– Phishing is a term derived from ‘fishing’.
– Phishing is a fraudulent activity performed by fraudsters to obtain personal information (such as user ID, password, account number, card number, CVV number, card expiry date, OTP-One Time Password, etc) of a bank customer.
Phishing e-mails are the fraudulent e-mails sent by the fraudsters claiming to be from a reputed Bank/Financial Organization, with the only purpose of gathering such personal information and subsequently misusing the same to perform fraudulent transactions.
– Ways to identify a phishing e-mail :
. The e-mail contains poor grammar or punctuation.
. It may not address the customer by name.
. It instructs to click on a link.
. It asks for confidential personal information.
. It also threatens that certain action (such as your account would be suspended) would be taken in case you do not comply with the received e-mail within a specified time period.
– How to protect yourself from Phishing?
. Never click on hyperlinks given within e-mails.
. Never open unexpected attachments received over e-mails.
. Use updated and licensed Anti-Virus software.
. Educate yourself on fraudulent activities on the Internet.
. Never use a cyber cafe for performing financial transactions.
. Do not transfer funds to or share your account details with the unknown / non-validated source, luring you with the commission, attractive offers etc.
. Never respond to e-mails claiming to be from Bank and seeking your confidential personal information.
. NOTE: Any Bank never asks for any of your confidential personal information such as User ID, Password, Account No, Card No, CVV No, One Time Password (OTP) etc. NEVER disclose them to anyone even if the seeker claims to be from Bank.
Following 11 Points will help you while doing online transactions.
- While making online transactions with credit/debit card, a user must use his/her card only at established and reputed sites as there are fewer chances of card fraud on a reliable website.
- Always ensure that the address of the website, where transactions are to be done, starts with ‘https://’ and not ‘http://’.
- Always perform online financial transactions from a secure computer system updated with the latest security updates/patches, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software and personal firewall.
- Change your card PIN (Personal Identification Number) periodically.
- Do not disclose any personal information online like your date of birth, billing address, etc., on the Internet because that can be misused in order to unlock your account password.
- Never share card details over the phone or with anyone in person as it is an easier way for others to get access to your confidential card information and make the online transactions.
- Avoid sending card and account details through e-mail to prevent from malicious use by others.
- Regularly check account statement related to the card and notify the card issuer Bank in case of any discrepancy.
- Ensure whether your card is enabled/disabled for International use; Disable if it is not necessary. Check with your bank for any additional options such as restricting the usage of cards on different payment channels viz., PoS/ATM/e! -Commerce or Domestic/International usage time-to-time through bank’s own interface/app.
- Never leave your card unattended.
- Keep card helpline phone numbers with you for any kind of assistance.
how are online transactions kept secure
how to secure online banking transactions
the safety of online transactions
safety and security of online transactions
is online transaction safe today
how to stay safe online essay
are online modes of transaction-safe essay
online transaction security issues
Share this with your Family & friends members so that the whole world can be safe for online transactions.